Corona Se Darona!!! - Don’t be afraid of Corona!!!

Hello everyone!
First of all I thank you all for reading my 1st blog!!!
Let me introduce myself first.
I am board certified child-adolescent & adult psychiatrist practicing in florida for last 16 years. I have always seen myself helping people in need for their mental health issues.  For last few years I was contemplating the idea of reaching out to more people in educating about mental health topics, mind body connection and how to cope with stress but never knew I will start with the COVID 19 pandemic crisis!!

I felt this is the right time to share my perspective to help others in need.

For last 2 years, I was doing telepsychiatry with the goal to reach more people in need for psychiatric services but never imagined in my wildest dream that there will be a pandemic of virus COVID- 19 where people will be locked down into their own home and only way they could get any health related service is thru virtual help!

I want to share my recent Telepsychiatry work experience in last few weeks where I have seen a surge in people with “ panic/anxiety about life”. When I started seeing them my initial thought was they all want to fix their anxiety with a “magic pill”.  But when I started seeing them more and more I have realized that they just need to have a shoulder to cry or vent, someone who can listen to them in such a tough time and let them know that “They are not alone”.   “ It is going to be ok”.
It has also made me humble towards life after seeing everyone having their own unique life stressors/ fears and how everyone is fighting their own battle. You just have to appreciate your own challenges and make the best out of it.  Again focus on positive in your life!

 In last 1-2 months I have realized how helpless we are as humans against natural/viral disasters but at the same time I have seen how much strength we have as humans to fight against such odds. This crisis has helped us to come closer as a human race and at the same time how to help each other out without any personal gain.  Have you all noticed that we are not talking about terrorism/war that much anymore!!

 Personally I have realized and I am sure you all have realized what our real priorities are in life. We all have figured out how to survive with less materialistic things, less going out, less food, less toilet paper!!  time like this has taught some of us believing in a higher power, spiritual life and that will help us on the long run to fight our fears.  Families are more closer than ever. Everyone wants to see their friends and family on video chat! People are dying to hear their loved ones‘ voice and hoping everyone is safe.
Community is showing support  to each other out and everyone is looking out for others.

SO WE ALL HAVE TO THANK CORONA FOR PUTTING US IN ISOLATION!

I WOULD SAY CORONA SE DARONA! IT MEANS DON’T BE AFRAID OF CORONA!

WHEN WE CAN”T CONTROL OUTSIDE WORLD, WE NEED TO CONTROL OUR INNER WORLD!

We have to accept the current reality and make the best out of it in our lives and I can visualize that after this crisis we all will come out as a better human being and a better society as well. Yes it will take time to get used to  old social interaction!!!

I am praying and wishing wellness to everyone.  There is always a new day! There is a hope!

PICTURE OF THE WEEK


If You are reading this line, then I think I did good!
Wait till the next blog !! Have a blessed and a blissed life!!!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
 We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.

Comments

  1. Hi...A wonderful and highly needed article in this time..Most affected part with damage of corona is imbalanced mental health in all communities . Your chosen quote by Shri Vivekanand is great..Keep writing.
    Psychiatrist fraternity has to come on front line to improve mental issues globally..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written! And nice touch with beautiful snap.. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very aptly written and timed
    Way to go Sonal..
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sonal for sharing your perspective. Worry only what you can control! I can control social distancing and I can control washing hands. I made few changes which may help others: I made point to look at news no more than two times a day. I have stopped thinking about democrats vs. republicans and I see every public servant as just that. Some are more apt at their job than others but everyone is trying. More than political leadership, I started following private sector leaders who are moving mountains to produce ventilators, masks, vaccine, therapeutics, testing kits etc. I also started following individuals from all walks of life who are doing all they can to help with generosity - be it a mask provider or a volunteer who is doing grocery for the elderly. It gives me much more encouragement and something to look forward to. On work front, I doubled down to build good products so i remain busier than ever. With that, I felt have taken care of whatever I can control and rest is in "not to worry" bucket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks like you are ready to write your own blog!! Thank you for a thoughtful comment!

      Delete
  5. Hi Sonal! Best of luck with your new Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sonal….just wonderful!! continue this .....great start!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback!

Popular Posts